Mokrsko was first mentioned by Konrad, the village leader of Łubnice in a document dated 9th October 1273 in Obłok. Witness of it was Bertram Zylelman, village leader "de Mogre". The name itself, Mokrsko, is related with marshy terrains. Mokrsko was duke's property and later part of it was passed into the gentry's hands. In the Old Polish era, Mokrsko as royal land, was the house of non-city starosty.
Such a starosty was governed by a perpetual starost (district head) who was presented with it as a reward by the ruler.
In the 18th century Mokrsko became famous for its part owner Stanisław Kożuchowski. In 1732 he published in this own printing house in Mokrsko a famouse literary work titled „Contytucye, statuta y przywileje koronne na wolnych seymach od roku panskiego 1550 aż do roku 1726 uchwalone”. This was a coursebook in Piarist schools for learning Polish History.